Friday, September 12, 2008

Independent Eating

Aiden for those of you who don't know, is a very independent little guy. Which is good- but very frustrating at times. He was never interested in baby food, so has always just had regular table food cut up small. Well now he has decided that he doesn't want to be fed anything anymore- he wants to use the fork or spoon himself! In truth we put everything on his tray, except for things like oatmeal and applesauce- which when given he promptly dumps all over himself and the floor. I personally like a good mess- it's just the cleaning it up I don't like. Anyways, so meal time has gotten a lot more interesting and longer.....good times!
Love those cute chubby fingers!

Silly little boy!


Resting between bites- eating is tough work (c:

So smug because he got the fork from mommy!

He is also a bit dramatic about his eating.....always preforming!

2 comments:

Kati said...

That's awesome... while one would think them eating on their own would create less work for you, really it creates more with the MESS! Food messes are the worst in my opinion, it just gross - I don't know why - maybe I am just a big baby. Soon enough, he'll move onto a different stage and let's hope it's not something which creates more messes (sadly it most likely will be.) The joys of toddlerhood!

Davianne said...

Yeah for messes! About a month after Isaac started feeding himself I all of a sudden had a TON of laundry and couldn't figure out where it was all coming from and then realized Isaac was a very messy eater. Fun times.