Having children is the scariest thing ever- which was once again reinforced the other morning when Aiden fell down our stairs!
For those of you who haven't seen our house- the stairs are kinda steep and narrow. I am usually with him when he goes down stairs- but Aiden is a very careful little man and very independent, so likes to do things by himself most of the time. So the other afternoon I was changing Ryleigh's diaper and Aiden didn't want to wait for me to finish-up to go down the stairs, so he started down by himself. I yelled out to him to be careful and as I did so, heard him slip. I ran to the top of the stairs just in time to see him flipping end over end down the stairs!!! So super scary- and it seemed to go in slow motion, which only makes it worse! I yelled for Mike (thankfully it was the weekend so he was home) and I made it down the stairs just as Aiden hit the floor. I scooped him up and he cried for a minute, but then was ok- just shaken and a little scared.....poor little dude! He thankfully was fine, just a scrap on his nose and a few little bruises on the side of his tough noggin. I was sure something was going to be broken- but thankfully not!
Thankfully Aiden is fine and has no visible scars :) He has however become super wary of the stairs and won't go up or down them without holding your hand. And he is always telling me to be careful around the stairs, and I heard him the other morning telling Mike as they went downstairs "it's ok daddy- we not fall down the stairs."
5 comments:
Poor little guy! I think all of my kids have fallen down the stairs at least once. But thankfully ours are carpeted!
Oh my goodness that is the worse!! I have had that happened to Natilie when she was little many times and Justin, it just about gives you a heart attack, especially when you are watching it happen and trying to get there in time. I am so glad he is ok, poor little guy..
That is so scary!!!! Mason did that on our steep stairs a couple months ago and I almost died! I don't know if I have it in me to be a brave mom. Yikes!
That is so sad!! Poor little guy, and poor Mommy too!!! Seriously, don't these little ones takes years away from our lives when these scary things happen to them? So glad he is okay!!!
So sad! Poor Mr's.
Love all the pic's of your kids. It's been awhile since I've had time to check blogs.
Post a Comment