Well the last couple of weeks have been kinda major for our favorite little man.....he is now binky free and almost totally potty-trained!!! He has only had his binky's to sleep with at nap time and at night for awhile now, but Mike and I figured he was old enough to be done with them all together. So I thought it would be fun to go to Build-A-Bear and get a new bedtime buddy to replace the binky....and hopefully ease the loss.
So I explained how since he was such a big boy, that he needed to throw his binky's away and we could go make a binky bear to sleep with at night and help him feel safe like the bink's had. He seemed ok with the idea, and promptly went downstairs to throw his bink's in the trash- and off we went to the mall to get his new binky friend!!!
And in other big news.....Aiden is almost fully potty trained!!! When his sister started crawling he totally back slided and wanted to be in diapers like the baby and no promises or bribes could make him cooperate- we had been so close and I was super bummed! But now I think we are good, and I am so relieved that he won't be going to high school in diapers!!!
4 comments:
Ohhhh....the 2 things about Motherhood that are probably the hardest....getting off the pacifier, and potty-training!!!! So glad it has/is going so well!! He is SUCH a cute boy!!!!
So glad getting off the bink has been an easy transition! Dominic never took one - but Natalie is stuck! Isn't a the feeling of being done potty training AMAZING?? Of course now that we're sure Dominic's really got it - it's time to start on number two. Your kids are adorable - I love the pic of Aiden holding the owl - so sweet :)
Haha - I re-read my comment after I posted and "number two" sounds like I'm talking about poo - not my kid. Just to clarify, It is now time to start potty training kid number two.
YAY for Mommy too! 'Cause we all know that moms do a lot of the work for bye-bye binkies and potty training, too. ;)
Post a Comment