Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Big girl....

Someone is getting so big- it is just going too fast for me....but I am trying to enjoy every minute of it!
Ryleigh loves to chew on things- it doesn't matter what it is, if it will fit in her mouth (and sometimes even if it doesn't :) it goes in to be chewed and slobbered on! I know what you are thinking....but no, she is not teething- hopefully soon though since she is already 8 months! I would hate for my lovely little lady to be toothless :) Also if you can't tell, someone is a little chunky and getting her chubby thighs out of her bumbo is pretty funny! It's a two man job- one to lift her and (gently) pop her legs out, and the other to hold the bumbo down.....sounds silly I know, but I'm not joking :)

Ryleigh had her first ride in the swing the other weekend- and totally loved it! She was having so much fun, that she kept giggling and leaning forward and almost tipped out of the swing a couple of times. She is fearless.....and I fear she will be showing up her rather cautious big brother before we know it with her stunts!!!

She loves to steal her brother's sippy cups and chew on them (go figure :) and she squeals very loudly in protest when they are taken away from her. So the other day I put some water in a clean sippy cup and let her go to town! She was pretty good at drinking out of it, but was not impressed with the water- so she spent most of the time chewing on it instead.

Ryleigh is still mostly nursing, but we are working on taking a spoon and trying applesauce and baby cereal.....so far though, she is less than impressed and won't eat more than a spoonful or so. I tried giving her cut up pears, but she promptly spit them out and made a disgusted face- so as you can see she just amused herself with pushing them around her tray and squishing them.

Ryleigh also loves to "talk." She will chatter away to her toys or whoever is paying attention to her, and she and Aiden love to have grunting matches! It can get a little loud- but is too funny!!! Ryleigh has also started dancing whenever she hears music and tries to sing along sometimes too. She is also now pulling herself up and standing on everything, which makes her daddy very nervous :) Mike and Aiden have also taught Ryleigh to clap her hands and give five- which she does on command and her brother just thinks is the coolest!

2 comments:

Camille said...

She is just TOO CUTE!!!! I love all of her and her chunkiness!!!

Michelle said...

She is just a dumplin'! We had to do the ame thing with Savannah and the Bumbo chair when she was that age. It was a riot!