Thursday, March 4, 2010

Sick Days....

We have had a rough week- and sadly it doesn't seem to be getting better yet. Last Wednesday Ryleigh was super fussy (which is not normal at all) and the next day she started coughing, had a fever and was very congested. We called the doctor about her cough and they wanted to see her, so we headed out in a snow storm to the doctor's. Good thing we did, since she was wheezing and having trouble breathing- poor baby! They gave her a breathing treatment in the office and sent us home with an inhaler and mask-chamber thingy to use on her.
This being a parent thing is so very scary when your kids get sick....I don't like it! So the first couple of nights I didn't get much sleep since poor Ryleigh kept waking up having trouble breathing- not fun!!! Then Saturday morning she woke up coughing really hard and stopped breathing for a few seconds- which felt like forever- and I totally freaked out!!! Thankfully she was fine after that....but still- this having children thing is going to kill me!
My poor sick baby! She has been a great trooper through this whole thing, and has been very smiley and happy despite feeling like crap, I'm sure!

Sadly Aiden started coughing on Saturday and by Sunday so was Mike.....my poor sick family! So everyone feels terrible and I am starting to feel bad too now- germs suck!!! We went to the doctor's again yesterday, and she said that Ryleigh's breathing is better and thankfully Aiden's airways are bigger, so he doesn't need an inhaler. But she said that it will probably take awhile for all of us to feel better and get rid of this nasty cough- great!

Aiden is very dramatic anyways- but when he gets sick, look out world :) Here he is watching Mulan (which he loves & has seen a million times) and pretending to be scared, so he can get a little extra loving from daddy! Too funny!!!

2 comments:

JoshandJen said...

I am so sorry you guys have been sick!! I hope everyone is on the mend! It is definitely a worriesome job being a mother, I freak out when they are babies are are so sick (which seems to be the problem with all of my babies) I am sorry she had such a hard time breathing, that is very scary, I have had the same thing happen to Daniel, Justin and Wade when they were babies and have the inhaler too, it did help some, but I would stay up most of the night because I was afraid they would stop breathing during the night...it is no fun that is for sure.... I hope you guys will stay bug-free for a while! Oh and she looks so darling sleeping in that one picture, even being sick...

anna said...

Sorry you all aren't feeling well. I hope things get better quickly!