Thursday, October 16, 2008

How we met....

10 years ago today, Mike and I met for the first time! For those of you who don't know, we first laid eyes on each other at Laser Quest. I know, I know, soooo romantic (c: I was there with two of my girlfriends, and Mike was there with his boys. We spent the night looking at each other across the room- but were both too chicken to go up and say hi. We all walked out to the parking lot at the same time and I was hoping he would come over and talk to me- which he didn't. So my friends and I got in our car and pulled out ahead of Mike and his friends. The boys proceeded to turn into the Swenson's next door, and as we were driving away I told my friends "Ah, there he goes, too bad I'll never see him again!" Then much to my horror, my friends turned the car around and drove back to Swenson's, and parked right next to Mike's friends car! They rolled down the window, gave him my phone number, told him my name, that my birthday was in two days (I was going to be 17), and that I thought he was cute! It was so embarrassing- I was trying to hide, but sadly there is not much room in the backseat of a two door Mustang! He then told them that his name was Mike, that he was 20, and gave me his phone number. When I got home that night I never thought he would call me, and I certainly wasn't going to call him- total chicken remember?! But two days later on my birthday, he called and asked me out- and we have been together ever since!
Mike's 21st birthday surprise party at Laser Quest- we are such party animals!!!
1999

Mike and I at Fridays after I got my Young Womanhood Recognition Award
1999
Getting ready to go watch Mike walk in the sleepwalker parade
2000

Halloween party at the church

2001

Going out for my 21st birthday!

2002

My dad, mom, Kira, Rob, Me, Sarina, Mike, his mom and dad outside the Columbus, Ohio Temple

Mike asked me to marry him in our parking spot at Swenson's on April 13th, 2002.

We were sealed for time and all eternity in the Columbus, Ohio Temple on August 22, 2003.

Sooo Happy!!!

Mike and I on our honeymoon in St. Martin

Mike and I on our second anniversary in the middle of the Caribbean sea!

Christmas 2005

Cruising with the family- and feeling very pregnant 2007

It has been a great 10 years- not that we haven't had our moments of course, but I couldn't imagine life without this wonderful man by my side. He knows me better than anyone else and is always able to make me laugh. I'm so glad we found each other and that I get to spend the rest of eternity with my best friend!!!


1 comment:

Leslie said...

How sweet! Cute pictures. Love you guys!!!