Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Belated Easter...

Hope you all had a great Easter...we sure did!


This year was the first year that Aiden really seemed to understand that Easter was about more than just the eggs, Easter basket's and candy- at least I hope so! He also told that me that the Easter Bunny was not real and I couldn't convince him other wise. "No, Mommy- the Easter Bunny is not real!"


Hold on here....so he totally buys a fat man in a red suit who comes down the chimney with toys and steals your cookies- but I guess a giant bunny who hides eggs is totally unbelievable?!? :)

Miss Ryleigh getting ready to dye eggs

Hmmm...which color to start with?!?

I want that one!

Ryleigh really got into the the egg dying and was very upset when we were out

Aiden took his egg coloring very seriously

A double thumbs up :)


One of Mike's eggs- anyone seen "Ice Age 3"?


Some of our pretty eggs


Since we have early morning church, we decided to have the Easter Bunny visit our house on Saturday morning instead....mommy and daddy will do anything for a few extra minutes of sleep :)


Ry with her new pink pony and tutu shirt


Aiden was super happy that he got his own umbrella in his basket- he is always trying to take mine and play with it :)


All dressed and ready to hunt for those eggs...


Score!!!


No, Aiden is not in pain- he just spotted an egg :)








My mom and Mike's parents (with Cooper, their new puppy) all came over to help the kids hunt for their eggs


Ryleigh showing Poppa Bigler what she found!


They had a lot of fun finding the eggs and Aiden was such a sweet big brother and tried to help Ryleigh find some eggs...but since she didn't really want to pay attention to him- he just resorted to putting some of his eggs in her basket :)


After all the sugar and excitement of egg hunting- a little rest was in order...


and some hugging...


and even a little snuggling!!!


Ryleigh and I, Easter morning before church


I made these brownie "eggs" to take up to Mike's parents house for Easter dinner...yumm!



After church and naps, we went up to Mike's parents house for more Easter baskets, eggs and dinner. My dad was out of town so my mom came to hang out with us too!



It was a little wet on Sunday so the Easter Bunny hide the eggs in Grandma's living room...


good thing too, because no one likes soggy chocolate :)


Having both sets of grandparents around-means a very happy and spoiled Aiden :)


Ryleigh got a princess set of car keys- complete with a clicker! She was thrilled- she loves keys and is always stealing mine and unlocking the van.


"Excuse me- I am trying to take care of this teddy bear...do you mind?!?!"


I love this picture!!! There is nothing better than grandparents :)


My goofy little dude- he is always making the strangest faces for the camera!


Hope you had a wonderful Easter!!!

1 comment:

JoshandJen said...

SO SO SO CUTE!! I love that picture of you and Ry, so pretty! That hugging picture is adorable, I love the kids church outfits and where on earth did you get that adorable dress for Ry???? I want one for Delaney :) I am glad you all had a great Easter, and I totally agree, grandparents are the best!! I just wish Josh's parents lived a little closer but at least we have my dad :)