Just thought I would let everyone know what's going on. Sunday Ryleigh was acting funny- she was very fussy, sleeping a lot and not eating well. By dinner time she had a fever of 102, so we called the doctor and they told us to take her to Children's Hospital emergency room right away. Thankfully my mom was over, so she stayed with Aiden. Once we got there, they immediately took us back to a room and examined her. They couldn't tell from her symptoms or looking at her what was wrong, so they proceeded to put an IV in, draw lots of blood, take a urine sample and give her a spinal tap- which was super scary!!! The urine immediately came back positive for a urinary tract infection, so they admitted us and we were taken upstairs to a room. They later found that E.coli bacteria was growing in her blood too. They also did an ultra sound of her kidney's and an x-ray of her bladder. She seems to have a slight reflux on one side of her bladder- but hopefully it will not be a problem. We have to take her to a Urologist for a follow up, so we will know more then. Thankfully we are home now and Ryleigh seems to be feeling better- thank goodness for antibiotics!!! Thanks to everyone for all your thoughts and prayers- it was a stressful two days....




4 comments:
oh she is so sweet and cute! I am so sorry you had to go throug that, isn't it awful, we had to go through hospital admits twice with Wade when he was about 4 months, I hated watching all of that and seeing them cry. Natilie has that reflux and she is 9, she has to take a pill every night at bedtime to try prevent more infections. I am so glad she is feeling better and am sorry both of you went through that! I hope she continues to get better!
Once again, so sorry for all of you! Poor sweet baby! Glad you are all home and hopefully getting better and more sleep!
And she still looks so darn cute in all the pic's, tubes and all.
Oh my goodness, Jordon!!! I am so sorry!! That must've been so hard on all of you!! I'm glad she is doing better, and hopefully it stays that way!! Sweet baby girl!!
That is awful! I am so sorry you all had to go through all that! Hopefully she is doing better and you all can get some rest.
Post a Comment