Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Ryleigh Addison

I guess it's true what they say, "the best things in life are worth waiting for!"
On Wednesday we went into the hospital around 8pm to finally have this baby!!! I was super nervous and excited for the whole thing to go well and be over with. After all the paper work and getting settled in our room, they checked me and I was dilated to about a 3 (finally I had made a little progress on my own!) so they put the Cervidal in and told us to relax- yeah right!?!?! The contractions started very soon after that, but weren't really bad- so we watched TV and Mike tried to get some sleep. After a few hours the contractions were getting pretty intense so we called for the nurse to get the midwife to check me again and see if we could break my water. Thankfully I was dilated to about a 5 1/2, so they broke my water. Mike went to call my mom so she could be there for the delivery, but by the time he got back things had really picked up. I went from a 5 1/2 to a 10 in about 15 mins. and two pushes later our beautiful baby girl was born! Sadly though Grandma didn't make it in time- since it takes 30 mins. to get to the hospital- but she did get to see us right after at least :)
I'm so thankful that it was such a fast delivery and that Ryleigh is perfect and healthy!!! Thanks to everyone for all your thoughts and prayers!
Ryleigh Addison
Born September 10th, 2009 at 2:53am
Weight: 8 lbs. 10 oz. Length: 21 1/2 in.

Mommy and Ryleigh

What a sweet little girl!!!

Aiden checking out his new sister...

My two little cuties!

Aiden holding "the baby" as he calls her, too cute!

7 comments:

stacie said...

Congratulations, she is darling! What a cute family you two have!

Heather said...

Thanks for sharing your birth story. Ryleigh is beautiful!

Camille said...

Congrats again, Jordon!!! She is just beautiful!!!

anna said...

Congratulations Jordan! Ryleigh is adorable!

Leslie said...

Congrats to you guys! I can't wait to see her!

Lex and Chris said...

Congrats Jordan! So exciting. She is darling.

Michelle said...

Congrats again on your new bundle of pink!